On Earth Day AIS Students say....





Earth Day is a name used for 2 different observances both held annually during spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the southern hemisphere. Celebrated on April 22 in the northern hemisphere, it is intended to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the earth's environment. (6th Grade)



For me, if I lived alone, I would turn off all the energy in my house to let earth rest a bit. Even if I'm the only one that is doing it...the next thing I would do is go out to a mountain and just sit by a river and rest and try touch nature a little bit more. (11th Grade)



I think that earth day will really change the earth someday because more and more people are getting to know what's happening in the earth today. (7th Grade)



If I were in charge of Earth Day, I would first announce for everyone to dress up in nature colors and possibly wear leaves... (10th Grade)




...kids wouldn't go to school. And everybody wouldn't use electricity and people can go to parks and enjoy our earth with its nature and environment. (6th Grade)



Amongst the awareness creating activites held every year on Earth Day are peaceful protest to vouch for change in legislature in benefit of the enviornment or simply show how much they care about nature. (10th Grade)




Earth day has no central government behind it, but there is thousands of people at work on the environment to keep it nicely in school and parks on this day. (12th grade)



In Earth day we celebrate that we have a lot of natural resources that make our lives easier. People around the world get together to honor everything Earth gives us. (6th Grade)



I would hand out T-shirts with random Earth sayings like "Tree-hugger" or "Recycle" to spread some Earth day spirit. (8th Grade)



..the main change I would make to the celebration; instead of only hearing how nature is being destroyed we should interact with nature, really appreciate its beauty. (10th Grade)